Jarvis Gems and Jewelry Appraisals‘ documents are prepared to the highest standards.
Appraisals are conducted by appointment, and in most cases documents are completed and in your possession at the end of the appointment.
We offer our services at a fair, competitive price. While each situation can be different, we have developed a fee structure that can work for everyone.
Professional jewelry appraisals include the following:
- Detailed description of each item
- Enlarged digital photograph of each item printed on the document
- Metal content determination
- Gemstone identification, grading, measurement and weight calculation/estimation
- Verification of gemological laboratory reports whenever possible
- Fully researched valuation at the appropriate market level
- Identification of designer or manufacturer whenever possible
- Complete professional cleaning and inspection of mounting
- An explanation of value along with the intent (appropriate use) of the appraisal document
A full diamond report is recommended on diamonds 1 carat or larger and can be performed during your visit.
- Appraisal Report: Diamond Ring Example
- Appraisal Report: Watch Example
Jarvis Gems and Jewelry Appraisals is able to provide appraisal services both at our North Dallas office location OR at your home, office, store or bank vault.
Insurance Related Reasons:
- Insurance Scheduling
- Insurance Claims (Post Loss Appraisal)
- Damage Report (Evaluation for level of damage, repair, or replacement)
Purchase/Sale Related Reasons:
With the popularity of Internet purchasing, appraisals take on even greater importance. An experienced independent gemologist/appraiser can verify that diamonds and other jewelry match the certification or appraisal that accompany them.
- Quality Confirmations (Does my diamond match the certificate it came with?)
- Purchase Price Evaluation (Did I pay a fair price?)
- Sale Price Evaluation (How much can I get for this jewelry?)
- To Confirm Certification and Valuation from Internet and Cruise Ship Purchases (Did I get what I paid for?)
Here are some other common reasons for a detailed jewelry appraisal.
Estate Related Reasons:
- Estate Planning/Trust Formation
- Federal Estate Tax
- State Probate for Estates with a Will
- Distribution of Property Between Heirs
Liquidation Related Reasons:
- Resale of Property
- Orderly Liquidations
- Forced Liquidations
Division/Dissolution of Marriage:
- Division of Property
- Divorce Settlement
- Expert Witness Services